IT Project Manager - Remote
Who We Are:
Base8 provides technology and business consulting services to companies throughout the US and Canada under the XOverture and Cure8 brands. We like to work with businesses that are serious about scaling, risk management, and developing mature processes – ones that are looking for a modern, sophisticated, trustworthy, friendly, high-quality (yet still affordable) technology and business partner.
Who You Are:
This position will be Remote, but you will be working closely with the teams in the United States and Canada through video chat, instant messaging, e-mail, phone, and our software. It is important that you have excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral. We are a fast-paced company expanding rapidly, and we are seeking team members who will share our vision for the future and work collaboratively to accomplish Base8's goals. We pride ourselves on providing superior service to our clients, which includes attention to detail, following the processes in place, and being able to adapt to various situations.
- The Project Manager will provide management leadership by applying industry-recognized tools and methodologies.
- Manage the full project life cycle from initial request through to final delivery of the project or change including the day-to-day activity of the project team
- Owns the day-to-day customer relationship in relation to the project(s) to ensure effective running and communication throughout
- Be accountable for the quality of service and performance
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly ticket audits on the technical team, ensuring tickets are routed correctly and populated following a standardized work detail format
- Document how your time is spent managing resources and projects on a Daily, Weekly, and Monthly basis, to ensure accurate metrics for Project Management.
- Ensure the testing approach is agreed upon, planned, and executed appropriately as agreed at project initiation
- Manage the handover and go-live process and where necessary ensure training is carried out
- Capture and document the project approach, controls, scope, quality plan, goals, and estimates to contribute to and support winning proposals and quotes where appropriate
- Manage the requirements-gathering process and ensure Functional and Technical Specifications are produced to the appropriate level of detail
- Work with the Product Team to identify if and where there is a need for enhanced or bespoke products to meet the customer's requirements
- Run customer post-implementation reviews to ensure the continuous quality customer-focused approach
- Builds professional relationships internally and externally based on trust and professional credibility, to ensure a strong sphere of influence through fulfilling promises and commitments consistently
- Contribute to the ongoing development of project delivery methodology best practice
- Excellent Project Manager skills with experience in IT
- Relay complex information simply with the ability to tailor style for technical and non-technical audiences
- Candidates with extensive experience in Windows administration & VMWare
- Able to define what success looks like for large-scale projects and set plans to achieve this
- Ability to solve problems effectively using logic, analysis, past experiences, and experimentation
- Able to shift gears comfortably in anticipation of change, avoiding complacency, looking for and presenting solutions to build an environment of continuous improvement
- Ability to work collaboratively, using influence to draw projects together efficiently and successfully
- Takes a proactive approach to learning, seeking out and experimenting with new ideas and approaches
- Ability to remain professional in challenging situations and ability to manage conflict in the project environment